Did you know 96% of a sharps bin waste is non-sharp bulky waste and only 4% is sharp?
The current practice where non-sharps waste is deposited in conventional sharp bins with sharp waste is both inefficient and uneconomical.
As NeedleDock waste is 100% sharps waste only this significantly reduces the volume of waste going into expensive incinerators and the clinical waste stream. This reduction in waste is better for the environment and helps you meet your environmental corporate social responsibilities.
Conventional sharps bins take both the needle and syringe resulting in only 4%* of a sharps bin waste being sharps and the remaining 96% non-sharp bulky waste.
By taking the sharps waste only, NeedleDock’s extremely compact system provides for efficient storage of sharps, with up to 100 times more needle capacity compared to traditional sharps bins.
What’s more, with NeedleDock’s forced segregation, the significantly increased capacity means less units are used thereby reducing the volume of single use sharps bins, which in the UK NHS alone accounted for 2500 Tonnes (est.) of single-use plastic in 2017 (NHS UK).