NeedleDock incorporates a simple, spring-based mechanism in a strong, closed container which automatically and safely removes the needle from the syringe and locks it securely away.
After patient injection, the clinician ‘docks’ the needle into the spring and it is safely removed. Unlike most sharps bins, NeedleDock is a closed system. This eliminates the risk involved with traditional open sharps bins. Once a needle is “docked” the risk is eliminated; with open sharps bins, the risk remains.
It’s safe to carry NeedleDock to the point of use as it won’t spill needles and you cannot put your hand inside. NeedleDock is also small and portable making it the ideal system for sharps disposal near the patient.
It not possible to dispose of non-sharps or general waste using NeedleDock, making our product 100% efficient. The remaining plastic syringe is disposed of with other non-sharp, clinical waste which enables a waste disposal cost saving of up to 70% compared to the high cost of incinerating sharps bins.
Design & Technical Features
Developed together with healthcare professionals and ergonomics experts, the patented technology behind NeedleDock uses innovation to reduce needle stick injuries through optimised handling and enhanced user safety.
- Safely docks and holds 600 needles
- Automatic removal of slip Luer needles from syringes
- Seals sharps safely away inside tamper-proof box
- Single handed needle removal
- Finger guard for added safety
- Ergonomic shape allows a safe hand rest
- Fits left and right handed users
- Handy compact size for closer and safer patient care
- Quick and easy assembly
- Secondary stabilizer securely holds the product
- Carry handle making portable use easy
- Quick and easy removal
- Wall bracket available
- Conforms to ISO 23907-1:2019
- UN3291 certified
- Patent protected
- Designed and manufactured in the UK